There is very little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference! The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.Napoleon Hill and W.Clement Stone
The following principles are outlined and inspired by a classic book called “Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude” by Napoleon Hill and W.Clement Stone. (See an audio of the book at the End of this blog… ENJOY!)
Here are 7 ways to be successful through a Positive Mental Attitude:
- Keep your mind on what you want and off the things you don’t want
- A positive mental attitude brings optimism into your life and makes it easier to avoid worries and negative thinking
- Worry is keeping your mind on what don’t want, which is a poor use of imagination and not even based on fact. We can just as easily use imagination in our favor. Don’t use your life’s precious powers of imagination to conjure up bullshit, please. Why do that to yourself?
- If you adopt a positive mental attitude as a way of life, it would bring constructive changes into your life and makes them happier, brighter and more successful.
- People with a positive attitude believe in their abilities along with their ability to overcome obstacles.
- Lead a well-balanced life
- Did you know that the number one reason for divorce is disagreement about money? Work is important but no one on their death bed says “I wish I spent more time at the office”. If your family or love life suffers for the sake of money, you need to prioritize either your time or values.
- “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” is a well-known proverb. It means that without time off from work, a person becomes both bored and boring. So take time to have some FUN with those you love.
- Besides who likes having a beer with someone who talks about work 97% of the time…BORING! Sorry to say, people who only talk about one thing in a social situation are kinda geeky and need to develop a personality through having other interests.
- Work long hours at a labor of love.
- Loving your work is ideal but let’s face it not everyone loves what they do, so at least try to think about 3 things you appreciate about your job.
- When people work in a mindset of appreciation, not only does this generate purpose in one’s life; l that appreciation resonates with those you work with and manifest as a great work ethic
- & Guess what?…..people with a great work ethic a more likely to successfully get a raise and are more open to opportunities.
- Develop a magnificent obsession (Writing and studying things like this is my obsession:)
- What do I mean by magnificent obsession? I’m referring to a vision of the life you want to live, contributing in a fantastic way, having the things you want to have, being the person you want to be, doing the things you want to do. It’s your big picture of the future.
- Quotes from chapter 15 ” Your Magnificent obsession”
- Develop an obsession — a Magnificent Obsession — to help others. Share yourself without expecting a reward, payment, or commendation. And above all else — keep your good turn a secret.
- No matter who you are you can have a Magnificent Obsession. Every living person can help others by sharing a part of himself. You don’t have to be rich or powerful to develop a Magnificent Obsession. Regardless of who you are, or what you have been, you can create inside yourself a burning desire to be helpful to others.
- Your most preciously valued possessions and your greatest powers are often necessarily invisible and intangible. No one can take them. You and you alone can share them. The more you share, the more you will have.
- And, if you do this, you will set in motion the powers of universal law. For, try as you will to avoid payment for your good deed — blessings and rewards will be showered upon you.
- Select an environment that would develop you best at your Objectives
- A cluttered room is a sign of a cluttered mind. Clarity of mind facilitates clarity of your objectives and a positive mental attitude. When one is clear on their objectives they are more likely to be successful.
- Psychologist Jorden Peterson said” if you want to organize your psyche you can start by organizing your room” .Dr. Peterson explains how organizing your room can improve your mental clarity.
- Look around you. Is your room clean?…. How does that make you feel?
- You are a product of your environment, So choose the environment that will best develop you toward your objective Analyze your life in terms of its environment Are the things around you helping you toward success — or are they holding you back.
- Use the self-motivators of self-suggestion (affirmation) that would help you
- Thinking positive won’t make any difference if you have a deeply rooted limiting belief
- However, not all problems are deeply rooted on a subconscious level, it may just one idea followed by ACTION that’ll make all the difference
Here is a FREE PDF DOWNLOAD The power of the subconscious mind by Joseph Murphy
Finally, Here is another quote I love from Chapter 18 of the Book ‘ Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude’
Can You Attract Happiness?
One of the surest ways to find happiness for yourself is to devote your energies toward making someone else happy. Happiness is an elusive, transitory thing. And if you set out for it, you will find it evasive. But if you try to bring happiness to someone else, then it comes to you.Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude”
I would be remiss if didn’t share who inspired me to write this article I found this Video through his blog here. His name is Hassan Shabazz…THANK YOU!
Many people roll their eyes when they hear talk about a positive attitude to manifest success but these principles are not just based on thought…it’s based on ACTION!
It takes effort to police your thoughts and work that positive thinking muscle. A great way to start is to be aware of your thoughts and make a choice to steer towards positive solution-oriented thoughts. Using these 7 principles daily will ensure your success!
If you like this short Article I suggest you read ‘3 Laws of Abundance‘